PART-TIME PASTRY ASSISTANT
To apply: email your resume and contact information to Nicole Liberatore at email@example.com. Applications accepted on a rolling basis until filled.
Bisnonna Bakeshop is growing! We're looking for a part-time Pastry Assistant to support the Chef in Bisnonna's daily production. Bisnonna is a micro-bakery in Fairfax City, VA that specializes in classic Italian pastry using premium ingredients and traditional technique.
Who we Are:
Our model is order ahead and carry-out, so we can control quantity in favor of quality. Occasionally we host "pop-ups" where we service walk-in customers at the front counter, and also cater weddings and special events. Bisnonna also ships cookie packages nationwide.
Our Pastry Assistant will work collaboratively with the Pastry Chef to execute our weekly production schedule with an immediate need to support spring's busy season of St. Joseph's Day (March 19), Easter (March 31), and spring weddings and special events.
The Pastry Assistant will:
- Prepare ingredients for baking, including weighing ingredients and portioning doughs.
- Prepare and bake recipes according to recipes, quality standards, and food safety best practices.
- Provide customer-facing support during pop-ups, like filling cannoli or running register.
- Wash and disinfect kitchen area, tables, tools, knives, and equipment as needed.
- Be able to stand or sit for prolonged periods of time or an entire work shift.
- Be able to move or lift objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
You'll be a Great Fit if You:
- Know your way around pastry fundamentals, and have specific experience with drop, rolled, and piped cookies, pastry doughs, and various creams;
- Are a quick learner and comfortable hitting the ground running;
- Work efficiently with little supervision;
- Thrive being part of a close-knit, collaborative, and creative small team;
- Enjoy everything from Celine Dion to Fall Out Boy as our kitchen jams;
- Can effectively plan and prioritize across multiple tasks and changing production schedules from week to week.
Our kitchen is a co-op space shared with two other all-female teams. We value respect and cleanliness in our shared workspace and equipment, and enjoy cheering on each other's businesses and celebrating our wins!
Nuts & Bolts:
- $15 - $20 per hour, commensurate with experience.
- $125/month stipend for healthcare reimbursement.
- Paid sick/personal leave accrual.
- 10 - 25 hours per week (flexible based on the candidate), with increased hours available during major holiday seasons.
- Opportunity for growth into a full-time position based on performance.
- Parent-friendly workplace (aka being a parent is hard sometimes and IYKYK)
- Flexible schedule: let's build trust so you can choose your own hours and we'll know what needs to get done will get done! Required shifts (pop-ups, holidays) given with plenty of advanced notice.
Queer & BIPOC friendly!